View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:46 PM   #690 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,363 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptech View Post
I didn't know you could use Pidgin with Twitter.
I'm not sure if that was a well-hidden secret or not, but I know it wasn't immediately obvious to me. If I remember correctly (and don't bet any money on that, okay?), I think I was perusing packages in Synaptic one day, looking for a client that WOULD work with Twitter. I already had Pidgin installed, but I knew it didn't work with Twitter. Then, in Synaptic, I spotted pidgin-twitter and pidgin-microblog, two plug-ins that said they'd cause Pidgin to work with Twitter. I installed them! It worked. Everything was lovely, until Twitter inexplicably changed their API and made a lot of software useless.

Quote:
I I'm not a big twitter user either. The times I do get on twitter I just use the web site. I never could find a good twitter client for linux. Maybe I'll check out Polly.
Give it a try. It's very lightweight, fast, and does what it's supposed to do. As I've mentioned, it's not very feature-packed right now, but it does the basics--and it does them well.

The Following User Says Thank You to MoodyBlues For This Useful Post:
saptech (July 22nd, 2013)