Thread: Accessory What SD card should I get?
View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
m3incorp

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, iPad 4, Motorola Razr and iPhone 4S.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsepz_GP View Post
I'd be careful about getting a Class 10 32GB, Samsung phone's seem to have a habit of killing 32GB Class 10 cards no matter the brand. Maybe a 64GB MicroSDXC will be better otherwise a 32GB Class 6 is what I'd get.

My GS4 just tore through my 2nd SanDisk Ultra U1 Class10 32GB, my GS3 ruined the 1st one, it's a huge issue.
It could just be that your phone has issues or you bought one of the many FAKE SanDisk cards. Always buy SanDisk cards from reputable dealers. What makes you say Samsung phones vs your Samsung phone? You are the very first person I've heard of any phone having an issue just because of the Class of a memory card. I've used Class 10 cards in every device that I own that accepts an SD or MicroSD card and never had a card failure. I've had a SanDisk 32GB Utra in my Samsung Galaxy S4 from the day I bought it. I'd do a little research on exactly what the "class of cards mean".

Also many people are saying buy the fastest speed out there. The device you are using the card in determines just how much of that speed you can use. If a device can only transfer to or from the card at a particular speed, as is the case with all devices, then it does no good to buy a card faster than your device, just for the sake of buying a fast card. I'm a long time photographer and many people use to say the same about the memory cards you buy for your camera. You can now look up how fast your camera transfers, and base your card speed on that. Now with that having been said, I buy Class 10 cards, as the cost difference is not that much.
Last edited by m3incorp; July 23rd, 2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Correction