View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #164 (permalink)
Bishop99

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Metro PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by new optimus View Post
considering most metro employees are not going to be familiar with gsm networks and such I would not take anything they say for truth without independent verification.

for example take them your tmobile phone when they ask is it unlocked tell them yes, they put the sim in and it works you know they were talking out their ass, but if it comes up with the lock code screen then oddly it would seem they are correct.
lol. Yeah I wouldn't take their word for it because they told me to take the phone into a T-mobile store and have it unlocked there, it would be easier done over there than over the phone. They also told me that since I wasn't a T-mobile customer, they probably wouldn't be able to unlock it for free..... I gathered enough info around here to know that I can just call in T-mobile and they would unlock it at no charge and wouldn't you know that it worked out just like that . But since they didn't have those cutters to cut out the sim card, there wasn't much I could do.

I'm pretty sure that it would have worked if they slipped the sim card in, but I guess I'll just walk in with the unlocked phone tomorrow lol.