I've been reading rooting guides for weeks and this is definitely one of the best. I'm totally new to Android phones, the only thing I don't like about my S4 is not being able to store apps completely on the memory card. I have a few questions that weren't covered off above.
1. Does the phone have to be unlocked from the network before you can root it?
2. Do you need to modify a "bootloader" at any stage?
3. How many of the above steps (rooting, custom recovery, custom ROM) do I have to complete before I can move apps fully to my SD card? Just rooting?
4. My baseband version was recently updated to I9505XXUBMEA - do we know if the above guide will still work?
5. I've read that some phones have "unrootable" kernals. My current version is 3.4.0-768421 - again, does that kernal version set off alarm bells?
6. Is there a way to find out if I definitely have Snapdragon?
7. I've read other guides where it says you can still get updates thru KEIS and OTA post-root. Does following this guide definitely mean all future updates will have to be manually thru Odin?
Sorry for double-checking every detail. I'm just very weary of breaking my phone and not being able to get it sorted under warranty. I don't want to "flash in haste, repent at leisure"! My other details are below, just in case.
Samsung S4 GT-I9505
Baseband as above
Kernal as above
I've wanted to do this for weeks now (phone is already full with apps/games that can't currently be moved to the SD) but, like I say, I'm scared of "bricking" my phone.
Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!