View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #166 (permalink)
Bishop99

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Metro PCS

I called T-mobile again to see how the unlock process was going, and they told me sorry but I didn't meet the requirements for having a phone unlocked, I guess since I never used their service ...... anyways, I'm going to try the process you suggested .

I made it to step 6, but there is a slight difference on my phone. It mentions

6. In "NETWORK LOCK", select [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
It should show:
SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[1]
SHA256_OFF => SHA256_ON

On my phone it comes up as

SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF => Not Change

Then for step 7 I click on the first one as it comes up in my phone "SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0]" but the current commend is slightly different. My current command is 116630 instead of the 116631 shown in the instructions. It's as if my phone skipped those options and it was at step 8 already. Before moving forward, I would like your advice since you may be familiar with the difference in that. Also, every time I use the back key it just closes the program and I'm back to the dialer. Any other key to press so I won't have to dial in the long code every time? lol

I also should mention that I never inserted the T-Mobile Sim card that came with the phone. Not sure if that card should be inserted to perform these steps?

Thanks.
Last edited by jhawkkw; September 27th, 2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post