View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,921 Times in 2,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1992 View Post
Geez I'm glad my phone was just point and click.. it only took about 2 minutes. Lol
Thank you for feeling the need to share this insight into the Huawei Premia 4G M931 with us ss1992.

I do feel that it may be a slight exaggeration to say that with no drivers for your particular phone and no relevant software for rooting installed on your PC, that it would take 2 minutes. As the guide mentions for the S4, once everything is in place, rooting takes a mere 30 seconds.

However, I do agree that your Huawei Premia 4G M931 would probably be easier to root, and this may have been the point of your post, as it was launched in March 2013 with the 18 month old Ice Cream Sandwich firmware that was a lot simpler and quicker to root than the much newer Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2 and 4.3, firmware that we are dealing with on the new Samsung Galaxy S4's that were released a month later. Luckily you will not have to face this problem with your Huawei Premia 4g as the plans to upgrade it to Jelly Bean have, I am given to understand, been withdrawn according to this article.

Therefore, unless you change your new Huawei Premia 4G M931, it would seem that you will not have to worry about rooting stock Android 4.1.2 or Android 4.2.2 or Android 4.3.

LOL!

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
Last edited by ironass; July 28th, 2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: link repaired