View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NG8. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,597 Posts

I am confused sulasno!

In your post, #28, you appear to be rooted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulasno View Post
Nevertheless I got it done and your instructions are easy to follow
However, in post #32, you state that you are not rooted...

Quote:
Although I have not root my S4 9500,
Which is it?

Quote:
I had problems in downloading the kernel from sammobile and got it here instead
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257645&nocache=1
If you just flashed the kernel from that link it would not fix firmware problems as it is only a stock kernel which, if you were rooted, would merely un-root you.

If you are having problems with your GT-i9500 stock Samsung firmware you will need to re-download the identical firmware, not just the kernel, from either SamMobile, as sntaylor suggested, or from the link you mentioned and flash the whole firmware via Odin. The stock Samsung firmware contains the stock Samsung un-rooted kernel which will return your phone to its stock un-rooted state, if you are indeed rooted, as well as hopefully repairing any firmware problems you have been experiencing on the stock firmware..

Since your question does not appear to be related to the actual rooting of your phone as described in the thread, could I refer you to #4.4 in an effort to stay on topic.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS