View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards View Post
Agreed, a very good review and thanks also left to reflect this.

I also have the original Astro 3 and use it all the time, preferring its use over a standard charging plug.
What I find missing on this one though is the 9v & 12v selector.
It used to come in handy for charging my ASUS Transformer Prime.
Although the Prime has long gone I still like the fact the voltage selector is there should at a later date I find a need for it.

Also I'm not convinced this new charger fully supports the iPad4 which amongst my many Android tablets I also own. The iPad4 is very different to other iPads with it's power requirements.

Regardless, I too will be keeping a close eye on the new charger.
9V/12V output has been moved to Anker Astro Pro 14400 mAh ext battery model: Review of Anker Astro Pro 14400 mAh external battery w/pics!!!

And it makes sense because most of the people only care about 5V usb output, with 9V/12V becoming specialized function. For that, you still have an option with Astro Pro and it's enormous capacity

With iPad 4, what is up to in terms of current supply? I think iPad 3 was 2.1A or was that iPad 2? Lost a count already. If iPad4 needs 3A, yes, I doubt Astro 3 will be able to supply full 3A out of a single output (with such electronics it's wise to current limit to 2A so you don't overheat/burn anything).

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~