View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM   #305 (permalink)
Hendu71

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Cons:

I was not so happy with this phone until I rooted it and installed the Revolution HD custom rom. I came from samsung S3 and did not like this UI, or the fact that it lacks a real menu button. (BTW, there is I believe a stock setting that allows the home button to act like a menu button on a hold press - if you don't do this it will put a software menu button on the bottom of most apps that reduces usable screen space). Revolution makes it more tolerable by installing a quick toggle for many functions on the top bar pull down along with some other UI customization. Also, the camera is inferior to the S3 in everything but dark, flashless shots. Zoe is kind of neat, but is extremely unintuitive and required watching a 20 minute youtube video to fully understand every feature. I don't see myself using Zoe that much.

Pros:
I love the looks of it though, and I love the speakers, and the screen is good. Also, I like that you can use it as a remote control to your set top box and TV. Battery life seems pretty good so far, though I wish it had a removable battery. Hardware wise, it is a VERY good phone imo. 32mb internal storage is sufficient for me.

I recommend this phone if you like the stock UI or are willing to root and flash it to something better. I couldn't justify upgrading to the S4 from the S3 because they are too similar, and this was $50 less.
Last edited by Hendu71; August 1st, 2013 at 01:29 PM.