View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
RazorvoirHOGS

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 - SGH-I337
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
That's interesting that there's a difference in the speed of recharging the phone with the OEM cable/plug than aftermarket ones. How long does it take to fully charge the phone (from 0% to 100%) with the Samsung white cable/plug? I'm curious to compare that time to the 3 hours it took w/ my Motorola D3 cable/plug I used this morning.
I've noticed it does take way longer to charge with an old charger I have from a Galaxy S than it does with the white charger that came with my S4. It only takes about 1.5 hours to charge with the white charger that came with my S4 (if the battery is nearly completely dead). It takes my old charger twice as long, at least.

I haven't noticed any real differences post-charge, although I've been more focused on post-update battery life issues. I doubt it does any damage.

I know that when I've contact both ATT and Samsung about my recent post-update battery life issues, they've made a point to encourage me to charge with the charger that came with the battery. Maybe it doesn't make a huge difference, but I've started doing that.