View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
beowulf7
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 (rooted), Motorola Droid 3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorvoirHOGS View Post
I've noticed it does take way longer to charge with an old charger I have from a Galaxy S than it does with the white charger that came with my S4. It only takes about 1.5 hours to charge with the white charger that came with my S4 (if the battery is nearly completely dead). It takes my old charger twice as long, at least.

I haven't noticed any real differences post-charge, although I've been more focused on post-update battery life issues. I doubt it does any damage.

I know that when I've contact both ATT and Samsung about my recent post-update battery life issues, they've made a point to encourage me to charge with the charger that came with the battery. Maybe it doesn't make a huge difference, but I've started doing that.
If you do start consistently using the white OEM cable and plug to recharge your phone and if you notice the battery life being better, I'd be curious to hear that.

When I had my D3, someone said that slow charging it via the computer USB port would make the battery charge hold longer during the day than charging it via the plug. But I ever noticed that, so I dismissed it. In other words, I have a hard time believe that the speed of charging the phone affects how long the battery lasts during the day. I have an easier time believing that the speed of charging the phone affects the life of the battery (i.e., super charging it) might decrease overall battery life as SebaKL's video link mentions.