Thread: Reboot Issue
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
bloodbath
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
did you not make a backup you can restore? if not,let this be a lesson to always make a backup of any good working rom,especially stock,in case you need to return to it.

if you need to ruu,check the post under this one ( RUU: T-Mobile 1.27.531.11 - 7/23/13)

you will not lose s off. youll just need to reinstall a recovery after running the ruu
I always seem to learn things the hard way. lol I did do a backup of the original stock ROM, but not the recovery (I backed it up using TWRP). My understanding is that to go back to stock, I must have the original recovery installed, but I thought that was included in the RUU. Also, since I upgraded to 4.2.2 (ARHD 12.2), I had to install the new firmware. Will this be an issue? I know when I first went from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 my touchscreen lost all touch capabilities until the firmware was upgraded. Sorry, about all the questions, but my HTC MyTouch 4g (Glacier) never had this issue or needed any upgrades like this when I changed ROMs. Everything worked as it should (well, most everything, but those were mainly camera issues. etc - not reboot permission issues). Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.