View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Covert_Death

Device(s): Current: Nexus 5 Old: Moto Droid MAXX, Verizon SGS4, EVO LTE 4g, EVO 4g (OG)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookimback View Post
I just checked my build version and see I am ME7. Fortunately, I use Voodoo ota rootkeeper and am still rooted but I don't even remember getting this update. I wouldn't even want this phone if it wasn't rooted so I'm lucky there. So now we can't flash? No recovery or cwm? Why can't they just leave us alone? Do we hurt anyone by wanting our devices rooted and/or customized? Considering what we pay for them, we should be able to do anything we want to them.
unfortunately that is there mentality ... the whole "what we pay for them" is actually dirt cheap here in the states. $200 for a phone is a blessing honestly, yes you have to wait two years and have to hassle with the carriers over bootloaders but those are the terms we accept when buying a subsidized price and have the carrier take $400 off the price.

FORTUNATELY they are also starting to give us options to buy phones outright with bootloaders unlocked via DEV phones like the GS4 HTC One and now the Moto X... this trend I am at least happy with.

but back to the paying thing, as long as the carrier is eating most of the cost of the phone, no they are not going to give us what we want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Covert_Death For This Useful Post:
lookimback (August 8th, 2013)