Thread: General Samsung ATIV Q Hands On
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,813 Times in 1,898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Well apparently one of the members over at the Tablet PC forum uncovered an actual review over at the German Amazon site. It was translated and it seems that pros outweigh the cons.

What is surprising is that although the device has yet to be in anyone's hands, this device was in fact in that members hand for a few days borrowed from a Samsung tester but due to the NDA, could not take pics of the test unit. (Much like our very own Mr. Ed with the Samsung Note 2 and upcoming 3).

Anyway, the post is here

Translated Amazon Review of the Samsung ATIV Q.

and the ongoing discussion is quite eye-opening too. I just may forego my reservations of the need for 8GB of ram and go for the 4GB version.

TS
I just hope thatbit sells enough for them to make another next year. If my laptop dies, I will get the q, but if it still keeps working for the next year, I will get the 2nd gen of the q.

Even with the explanation of the ram, I'm not convinced it'll be enough for me. My android devices already get bogged down with 2gb and my laptop struggles with 4. I even clean the cache up every month, but still run into lag.

Overall, love the read and overall impressions. It'll be difficult to hold back from purchasing.