View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #63 (permalink)
FlameBV

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

This is René Magritte's The Human Condition (1935), which inspired my color combination. The silhouette of the painting on the easel reminds me of a smartphone screen. Besides, blue's my favorite color.

Originally, I considered the royal blue back with a black front and metallic yellow accents. However, I attend USC, and that blue/yellow combination resembles our rival school UCLA's colors far too closely. So, I used a darker blue and opted for orange accents.

Back Color: Navy
Front Color: Black
Accent Color: Metallic Orange
Signature (engraving): Alive
Storage: 32GB if possible
Power On Message: Fight On!
Wallpaper:

I'm not a very talented Photoshopper so I couldn't make my own mockup, but I watched a couple Motomaker hands-on videos to imagine what my color choices would look like, and I'm very pleased.

What else? The engraving's related to the name of the painting, but it's also a off-hand Daft Punk reference (they're my favorite musical artist). The power on message, "Fight On!", is the battle cry for my university. And I found the wallpaper in Marques Brownlee's excellent Moto X review earlier today. I loved the angles in the color stripes and could see the wallpaper going well with my chosen color scheme.

I really wanted a phone with lots of personal meaning to me, which is why I've been holding out for the Moto X since my GNexus went down in May. I went from that Galaxy Nexus on Sprint to an Alcatel 510a from AT&T, back to the days of numeric typing (whoopie!). So yeah, maybe I have put a bit too much thought into designing my phone, but I've been deprived and I can't wait to have another Android in my hands again.

Best part: this color scheme will match my watch perfectly:

The Following User Says Thank You to FlameBV For This Useful Post: