View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Slug
Check six!

Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanked 10,856 Times in 5,518 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxpert83 View Post
Samsung is really about the only manufacturer that still does SD cards.
Sony do too, plus USB OTG and they still offer Mass Storage Mode as an alternative to Media Transfer Protocol when connecting to PCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell View Post
I think Google is trying to become Apple with their attempt at an ecosystem and making it where you have to buy the more expensive option (32GB, 64GB model vs 8-16GB) to get more storage and making their Nexii line without SD Slots and without removable batteries.
The Nexus line has always lacked removable storage - this isn't a new trend but a continuing feature.

Quote:
they've also recently started copying Apple verbatim lately. Device Manager (Find my iPhone)
I think you'll find that 'Find My Droid' predated Apple's version by a few months.

Quote:
cloud-based backup/music/books (iCloud, iTunes, iBooks)
Android has had Google account-based sync since Day One. Again it's hardly a "new trend".

Quote:
it's like to make Android appeal to the masses they have to make their latest products a harsh reminder of iDevices
Take a look at the latest market penetration data. There's no need to "make it appeal".... it's already doing that.

Quote:
i am already hearing rumors that Android 5.0 is going to have a pretty slim UI based off of Google Now (Siri) with cards and such
Citation please. I like to think I keep my ear pretty well to the ground, but I've not heard anything to this effect.

Quote:
I wouldn't put it past 'em to even lock it down where custom launchers no longer work.
Why would they do that? The launcher merely affects the UI, not the operation of the OS and apps. I doubt Google care that I'm using Nova in place of TouchWiz and Sony's UI.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slug For This Useful Post:
damewolf13 (August 13th, 2013), IOWA (August 20th, 2013), ocnbrze (August 12th, 2013), Rxpert83 (August 10th, 2013), XplosiV (August 17th, 2013)