View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards View Post
Twister,
Help..... I am in need of your assistance please.
This morning I put the charger on charge as it had depleted most of the cells.
After 3hrs it had only lit up one further cell (2 cells in total) but I left it to carry on.
After a further 3 hours I checked it again and it still had only the two cells showing as charged.

All day and evening I have tried it with two other USB Mains chargers and none of them will charge the charger any further.
All it shows is the charging lights lighting then going out with only the first two showing as charged.

As such this device is defective.

Can you please speak with Anker about this for me. Unfortunately I am not in a position to send it back to Amazon just yet (holiday coming up) and knowing Amazon they will want me to pay postage to send it back which I am reluctant to do seeing as the item is obviously defective.

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Beards
First of all, what wall charger/usb cable are you using? I would prefer original Samsung combo since you know it guaranteed for 2A full speed charge. Also, check to make sure your electric outlet is not busted (it could happen). Using something like Galaxy Charging Current free app can give you a good idea to baseline your charger/cable.

Another thing to keep in mind, even with a perfectly working charger/cable, it can still take you up to 10 hours for a full charge, and charge sometimes might not be linear with a constant increment. So I would let it sit for 12 hours; lithium batteries like to be overcharged a bit for a full capacity since often as soon as it reports "100%" it might not always be exactly 100%. Once a battery fully charged up, use the same usb/micro-usb cable to charge your phone/tablet.

Don't panic yet, see if these steps would help. If something is found to be defective - gotta replace it under warranty. You get 18-months of warranty, USE IT!!! I'm surprised Amazon UK makes you pay for return shipping, here with Amazon US they send you prepaid label when item is defective or unwanted.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~