Thread: General [Official] G2 reviews
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
tigmd99

Device(s): Galaxy Note 2 White
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
LG G2 Hands On: Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5, you're on notice | Digital Trends Reviews

I'm not audio expert but quite intrigued by G2's Hi Fi sound feature. Also its OIS camera seems great.
As you know, LG G2 audio output was reportedly great: uncompressed 24 bit 192kHz. This was talked about a lot at the LG event. Like you, I was somewhat excited by this because I love to listen to music on my phone. (I love my earphone Klipsch X7i.) Two problems with this:

1. Uncompressed 24 bit 192kHz downloads take up a ton of space...and with only 10GB or 22GB (16/32 GB models, respectively), your internal memory space is limited.

2. (biggie)...is this article I just read: 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed

And that article makes sense. In addition, even though LG audio chip may be nice, you still have other interferences and noise from other circuitry that will likely make a mess of things. It kind of like buying Yugo and then selecting an expensive headunit with the lowest THD. That headunit is great and all, but in a noisy Yugo environment, it is useless and no better than a Kmart $20 headunit.

Oh well.
The Following User Says Thank You to tigmd99 For This Useful Post:
scary alien (August 11th, 2013)