View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
ss1992

Device(s): LG Nexus 5 (Metropcs)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinebovine View Post
Holy carp, I made a megaquote and it was encyclopedia-length. I guess I'll split the two users I responded most to into other posts...except this first quote that I want to make sure gets read, just in case ss1992 is right about it:

1. PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK TO A 2-3TB DRIVE FOR $40-80! If you're not engaging in hyperbole, I could finally afford the storage I need at home. I checked Radio Shack's site and it looks like they get $150 for 2TB. On Amazon I could score 2TB for $100 or 3TB for $110.

2. A phone only supports a 32GB MicroSD card, but I can carry two dozen of them in a case the size of two half-dollar coins and swap them out whenever I damn well please.

If by "customer" you mean "carrier" then yes, but the users don't want that. At most, I can imagine lots of users not knowing or caring, but that's not the same as wanting it gone.

That'll help, but it's only a stopgap measure. Leaving the user in control by having the SD slot is what really works.

There is a third option...older phone with SD. Of course there are compromises with that choice too.

128GB? That'll be fine...for a couple more years.

I've observed that mid-range and low-end devices often have better flexibility and standards-compliance than high-end stuff. For example, you can only get one form factor for high end phones: slab. No flip, no slide, just slab. SD slot, same thing.

I've seen a few people mention the latest 4.x version handing app2sd as if it's new, but is it different than it was for versions dating back at least to 2.x?
Sorry Divine just saw this! Well when it does go on sale like that it's almost always in store only. I see them all the time on Amazon. (I have one from amazon 2 TB for $80 and one from radioshack for $60. (the $40 sale had ended) it's just about shopping around and filtering.
Up and coming designer (my friend)
The Following User Says Thank You to ss1992 For This Useful Post:
divinebovine (August 12th, 2013)