View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
ironass

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,921 Times in 2,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by croftyboy8 View Post
well, it gets more interesting. The replacement phone still failed to update so once more i returned to P4U. I spoke to a level 2 tech guy on the phone who explained that the firmware is the most up to date that this new batch of black s4 has through them.
That may well be the most up-to-date firmware for THEIR stock of black phones. However, colour of phone does not make any difference to firmware updating and there have been a number of releases since that very old, first release, version... MDB. The latest, as mentioned previously, is MGA.

The fact of the matter is that you have been sold a phone that will not update in the prescribed manner and is therefore, "Not fit for purpose".

Quote:
he went on to say that the new (exclusive?) blue colour has the more recent firmware though!?
I asked for the blue handset and was told i wasnt allowed and could only have a like for like swap... their reasons being that the differences in the two firmwares is so minimal that an exchange could not be given.
THEIR new stock of, "blue", phones may well come with later firmware but there is no guarantee they will update.

Your choices remain as post #8 with the addition that you could try for a total refund as your phone will never update as allowed by Samsung.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS