Thread: Update Problem
View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Aim006
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky[6075136
I don't want to give you bad info, and I've never had to unroot [I]without a factory reset. I think your best bet might be to research over at XDA. For sure someone has already found the least intrusive method. And if you are just running rooted stock ROM, forget what I said about the manifest.

BTW, the app2sd feature only moves app data. You'll still need root to move the actual apps.
Do you think using an app to temporarily unroot and do the software update then would work?

How about using an app to unroot completely like an app I've heard called One Click or something? Would those work?

For the app2sd, I actually thought it was the opposite. Moving the app data is great for me as I can get more games like Real racing 3,gta,etc. But how Do you move apps with root? I've only found a way to move the data with Folder mount which is kind of complicated for me so that's why I want this update so badly.

Edit: I just found out you can install the Super SU app from Google play and do a complete unroot from that app. Is this safe and will it work on the s4? And will it erase data?

Edit: I just did the cleanup unroot thing from the Super SU app and it has disappeared and I cannot use any of my root apps anymore. It seems like it worked, but then my device status is still custom and bootloader is still custom/unlocked. I'll try the OTA and see what happens.

We'll, after that it still unfortunately did not update successfully. Once again, it said Update Failed at 26%. What do I do? I'm so upset. And after I booted up after the update fail, it said "No firmware" in a message at the bottom of my screen similar to when it says Superuser granted to...
Does this mean anything?
Last edited by Aim006; August 19th, 2013 at 04:41 AM.