View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadnatty08 View Post
Very interesting. I know it's the same technology they use with Google Glass and most reviewers have said the sound is a little "weird", and also quite quiet.
Not in this case, sound is loud and clear. If anything, it gets you by surprise because there is nothing in your ears and it gives you an impression like you have two little speakers hanging next to your ears. Both my wife and kids commented on that right away because I didn't know how loud the sound was to outsiders. But as I mentioned above, even with earplugs in - you can still hear it although with a filtered out high frequency. I might have to Google the whole technology to see what it's all about, but I'm thinking that low/mid frequencies are more appropriate for bone conduction, and highs are just bleeding out of those transducers.

Hmm, with Google Glass I don't recall anything attached to the glasses frame around ear area. That would be the only place for transducers. At the same time it would make sense to use this technology which you can wear all day without blocking surrounding environment and considering you hardly even notice it's there after awhile.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~