View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
akaivyleaf
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: ATT

Default Contact Images in the Phone Dialer

Greetings,

I moved from the S3 to the S4 on Friday and while a lot of the new features I do like...I'm perplexed about a few as well. The first being how contact photos appear to be distorted and small on the S4-stock phone dialer.

On the S3, when I completed a call, the upper 1/2 of the screen would have the image of the contact (photo derived from Facebook) with the six buttons (add call, keypad, end call etc) on the bottom. On the S4, the picture doesn't fill the entire upper half of the screen, instead its in a smaller box, horribly distorted and frankly barely recognizable. I find it hard to believe that the S3 could display a better picture than the S4. I understand about the fact that Facebook might save at a lower resolution than if I pasted my own picture in for contacts, but I don't understand how the resolution and functionality can be different from the s3 to the s4. Any help on changing my phone dialer to behave as it did on the S3?

I'll post another thread about the inconsistencies of some of the "air" features - Air View and Air Gesture.