View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #1698 (permalink)
MSUgEEk
Premium Member

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,622 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas310 View Post
How do they define "mixed usage"? They need to set a standard for measurement. Like loop a streaming movie until the phone dies. The way I see it, this is only a good thing for prospective Moto X buyers. If they want to steer customers to the Droid Ultra, that's fine. Just means the Moto X will be less popular and more likely to come down in price. Considering I have to buy full retail to keep my unlimited, I want it to drop as much as possible.
Mixed usage is supposed to model the average user's day on a phone. No user is going to stream a movie all day every day. They try to get a real world estimate of how long you could go in your normal routine before a charge. Other sites like engadget do movie loop tests. The X has ranged from 9 to 11 hours in the ones I've seen. Even these tests can be skewed depending on screen brightness and the colors reproduced in the movie...example...a Batman movie would play MUCH longer than say...Toy Story due to the overall amount of dark scenes vs bright scenes.
The Following User Says Thank You to MSUgEEk For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (August 20th, 2013)