Thread: Ausdim kernel
View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
ironass

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,582 Posts

Finally got around to trying this kernel at the weekend, mainly because of an exchange between Hawker and PhilZ on xda.

No problems in installing the kernel which is based on the Android 4.3, Google Play kernel and comes with its own settings that are automatically installed and are similar to ExTweak and STweaks.

The settings offer a range of governors, schedulers and over/under clocking and volting plus various other options including LED flash speed.

In a nutshell, I'm afraid that this kernel did not live up to my expectations and that for my needs and battery usage, it fell short of the stock kernel on Power saving for me.

I used the kernel on its default settings and noticed a slight lag and the occasional hiccup when playing videos through MX Player.

For my needs, which are few and simple and involve a heavy usage at the beginning and end of the day with a light usage the rest of the time, I could not rely on it seeing me through until bedtime or closing time, unlike the stock kernel which has proved time and again it can do.

This is the third custom kernel that I have tried and I must say, from my point of view and usage, the stock kernel is still favourite.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
dynomot (September 1st, 2013), Hawker (August 21st, 2013)