View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:18 AM   #775 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,564 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkl1 View Post
Hey Guys and Gals! Kind of a newbie with the Linux thing but I definitely like what I've experienced thus far!
Hi there, dkl1! Welcome to the club of happy Linux users.

Quote:
I'm running Ubuntu 12.x or is it 13.x - sorry can't remember at the moment...
Since I'm heavily biased--and make no bones about it!--I'd like to recommend giving Kubuntu a try. It's Ubuntu with KDE as its desktop environment. It's beautiful, and infinitely customizable. If you need more info just let us know.

Quote:
At any rate, I'm in need of a .jar launcher that I can use with a file needed for the one-click root method I will be doing shortly.
I'm not familiar with this. Sorry.

Quote:
I have searched the web but can't find anything readily avail for Linux, rather links showing one how to CREATE one. That's all well and good, however, I'm not confident yet with how to work with commands etc. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated
If no one responds with instructions/help, we can move on to plan B, which would be posting the links describing how to create one. Then we can put our heads together and figure it out!

Last edited by MoodyBlues; August 22nd, 2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: too few functioning brain cells... *sigh*