View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
chmod xxx
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Question New phone, No tracking [paranoidMode ON]

Well I posted this in the non-member part of the forum but... i don"t think i'll ever receive answer there so here I am, new member

"Hello,

I'm looking for a new phone my old blackberry died. The thing is, since a year of two, I embraced the open-source philosophy and since the last NSA &co event my paranoia increased a little bit... So i don't want buy a device wich allow google and all his little companion to track me.

I know that some custom rom like cyanogen allow those kind of thing, so here is my question does such device exist around a 200 price? Or even better is there possibilities to prevent tracking without flashing the phone? (i wrote better but i really love to "play" with my laptop multiple OS so i guess it'll be the same with my phone)

And other question is, rooting a phone always void the warranty? or does it exist some solution to avoid that? Or some manufacturer who allow it? i mean if i install an other version of windows or linux on my computer it doesn't change anything, is it the case with some phone? "

For my second question I'll answer myself : it seem that the European legislation allow to root the device thanks to work of the free software foundation.

Thanks in advance