View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:11 PM   #789 (permalink)
zuben el genub

Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S 4G, Nexus S
Carrier: Not Provided

I can get to root, I can use SU. I have no damn clue of what the paths are. I can't find the download folder in Terminal. Until I can figure out the paths, I don't want to do anything. I need to be sure of where I'm going and what I'm doing. I can never find an exact example to figure out.
I read that Terminal's default is your home directory. It sure doesn't list the folders documents, music, videos, downloads, etc.

I managed a download of FX 10.0.2 ESR. It immediately updated to 18 something.
The about Firefox did not tell me I was on the ESR update channel. The 10.0.2 file was a tar.bz2. It extracted and ran from downloads just fine. I deleted it as I want the ESR FX not the regular one.

ESR says in about "you are on the ESR update channel" Regular FX just gives you the version number.

I also deleted all social media on Ubuntu first thing. I want to get rid of Amazon links, too. I don't know why this should make a difference if it does.

So it seems older FX TAR.BZ2 files work, the newer downloads want something else. If that 10.0.02 had said ESR, I would have kept it, updated by the ESR channel, made a shortcut and deleted FX 18 via Software.

I had to get Skype through terminal, too. That just went where it was supposed to go. It didn't say which folder or anything. I read what's installing.
Last edited by zuben el genub; August 22nd, 2013 at 05:24 PM.