View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
OstrichSaK
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 stock
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkaboutDavid View Post
Well, there you go. You got good reception with vzw in the past. Now, you have phones that are said to get poor reception and you are having trouble getting signal.

I suggest it is more likely to be a phone issue than something changed in your neighborhood cell infrastructure.
I disagree. I said I got decent reception but that was over 3 years ago... before they even had 4G in our area. This means that MASSIVE infrastructure changes have taken place since the last time we had acceptable reception. We also live on the edge of town up against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. This isn't a house in the middle of town on flat land. Reception here is tougher than it sounds so it's easy to see where a slight tweak in coverage would affect us drastically. This seems more feasible than that all three of our devices are SO horrible that we go from reception to barely a single bar. I can see where a bad device can cause a bar of difference but I'm not buying a three or four bar difference due to device. That device would never even make it to market.