Thread: General Droid Maxx Reviews
View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
chrisv79

Device(s): Motorola Droid Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspangle88 View Post
There does seem to be an undercurrent of hatred for the new Droid line out there among some folks in the mobile journalism biz. They all seem to be in love with the X, maybe they resent that there's these other phones that are so similar but not as "pretty"? A lot of the venom in that review seemed to come from the author's subjective opinion of the looks of the phones.
There is a popular backlash right now against the carriers and I can understand that. Many in the tech world see the "Droid" phones as more of a Verizon brand then a Motorola or Google brand. Hence their hatred for the "Droid" branding. Don't get me wrong, I don't like most of Verizon's business practices but they are by far the best choice in my area. But my dislike for Verizon or the carrier business has no influence over how I feel about an individual device.

And for the love of god will reviewers please stop talking about the "tons" of verizon bloatware on the device. There really is not that much, has no impact on performance, and is not nearly as bad as something like TouchWiz. It's all low memory stuff and all can be disabled. It's like beating a dead horse in these reviews.