View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
WalkaboutDavid

Device(s): Samsung S4, Nexus 7, ZTE Light Tab 2, Droid 3, Droid 2G
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichSaK View Post
This seems most logical to me and if VZW can find me a Wireless Network Extender I will be able to test this theory. The phones seem to work fine for the most part just about everywhere else.

I too have a love/hate relationship with Moto smartphones so we chose not to go that route and the HTC has a sealed battery. Coming off of an HTC Evo LTE w/Sprint we have no desire to get back into that situation. I hope this pans out because the first thing I'm doing is ordering up a kit of two 3,000mAh ZeroLemon batteries & quick charger for these! I go through batteries like crazy (especially when I've got limited coverage) so not having changeable batteries has been the bane of my existence the last couple of years.

I'll be honest that I have not had a whit of trouble with reception on my S4. I had a Moto Droid 3 before this (3G, but the voice reception should be the same) and it was not one iota better than the S4. I was just hypothesizing based on what others around here suggest.

Totally agree with you about sealed batteries.

And, btw, I made my chice based on your exact logic. My Moto D3 received such poor support from the OEM (basically declared EOL and with no software updates after it was out for only fou months) and was so buggy that I will never buy another Moto, google ownership notwithstanding.

I liked the HTC but I absolutely had to have a removable battery.