View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
OstrichSaK
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 stock
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkaboutDavid View Post
I'll be honest that I have not had a whit of trouble with reception on my S4. I had a Moto Droid 3 before this (3G, but the voice reception should be the same) and it was not one iota better than the S4. I was just hypothesizing based on what others around here suggest.

Totally agree with you about sealed batteries.

And, btw, I made my chice based on your exact logic. My Moto D3 received such poor support from the OEM (basically declared EOL and with no software updates after it was out for only fou months) and was so buggy that I will never buy another Moto, google ownership notwithstanding.

I liked the HTC but I absolutely had to have a removable battery.
We had HTC Evo 4G's and LOVED those phones and they had a removable battery. Why HTC went away from that is beyond me. At the time they claimed that they could get higher capacity in the device but I think that Samsung and Moto have proven you can have just as high of capacity while allowing the end-user to change out batteries. The HTC Evo LTE was the first phone I've ever owned with a sealed battery (even though I bagged on my iPhone buddies for that as one of many reasons) and I will never do it again. We gave it a shot and it was teh suxxors.