View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tlicious1020

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
I don't exactly agree with this.
I Had and iPhone 4s that was HSPA+ sometimes called 4G and the speed test maxed out at 10-12Mbps. AT&T Recently activated 4G LTE and my HTC One is at times 4x faster than the iPhone was (Top speeds of 40 - 41Mbps).
I have run dozens of speedtest on both devices and can tell you for sure that 4G does not equal LTE. My phone goes from 3G to 4G to LTE nearly everyday and the 3 are totally different.
So with AT&T
4G = HSPA+
and 4GLTE is in it's own league

Sprint's WiMAX 4G was so slow it was beat by T-Mobile's 3G network
You do realize widgets say 4G and not LTE right? It doesn't say LTE because thats the name of the equipment on cell phone towers that provide us with the 4G singal. Just like 3G = mobile network data. And when you activate 4G (LTE) on your phone there is a little icon at the top of the screen that says "4G." In this community we refer to LTE and 4G as one in the same.

Since there is no established standard for 4G thats why HSPA can be called 4G. I think this went to the FCC or courts regarding this matter years ago. Nobody wanted AT&T to be able to say they are implementing 4G when its actually HPSA. But they were overuled since there isn't an established standard for 4G.

Ever since the EVO 4G came out those of us who had the phone knows that 4G equates to WiMax. WiMax is the name of the equipment utilized on cell phone towers so people can pick up 4G. LTE is the name of the equipment Verizon is using and Sprint is rolling out so people can pick up the 4G. If I deselect LTE on my HTC One under settings you want to know what happens? I won't be able to access the Sprint 4G signal with my phone.

You don't have to agree by the way. Its fact, not fiction my friend.
Last edited by Tlicious1020; August 28th, 2013 at 12:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tlicious1020 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (September 7th, 2013)