View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #827 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)
 
MoodyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: echo $HOME; California
Posts: 2,790
 
Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 929
Thanked 1,367 Times in 824 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
If it's the battery, unplug it without delay and power it down.

Seriously. Don't play around with an overheating battery. It's dangerous.
Thanks, EM. It's been powered down for two days...while I've been contemplating what to do next. The battery in it died years ago. (I have the nasty--and ongoing--habit of killing batteries by never unplugging my laptops. ) I'm thinking it's a fan issue, but I really just don't feel like dealing with it.

I'm doing that 'pros vs cons' thing in my head: it's 7 years old, I use it, it's not worth the bother, but I do like it, I can live without it, but it's nice to have, it's not worth the expense of fixing it, but what if it's just a fan? And so on.
__________________
Info on Heartbleed bug; updated with helpful links


MoodyBlues is offline  
Reply With Quote