View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
ARocker

Device(s): (MetroPCS) Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Not Provided

arakaflakaflame@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaes View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919N) from Metro PCS.
First I rooted it, then I flashed Cyanogenmod. I didn't like Cyanogenmod so I tried to flash it back to the stock rom. The problem is that there is no stock rom out there yet for my phone. So I used the stock rom for the T-Mobile version (SGH-M919).
If you check the sub forum you'll find that there definitely are backups of our stock rom available. Theres no need to flash the Tmobile rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaes View Post
After I flashed it, the Cyanogenmod whirling blue circle came up so I knew something was wrong. It stayed on that circle for about thirty mins then I turned the phone off. Now, even CWM recovery won't come up(just the android laying on its back with a !red triangle above it) and anytime I try turning the phone on, it just goes back to the Cyanogenmod screen and stays there. Somebody please help me!
What you have is called a boot loop, not a bricked device. A boot loop is just what it sounds like...the boot animation (in this case, the Cyanogen boot animation) loops over and over. This can happen for a number of reasons and is easily fixed. Since it doesnt seem that you have CWM recovery installed any longer...I'm going to suggest you flash TWRP recovery instead. Relax...its easy

Go to the first link and follow the directions and you'll have TWRP recovery installed.

[RECOVERY][unOFFICIAL][TWRP 2.5.0.2]

Then go to the second link and follow the directions to restore the stock rom that your phone shipped with.

[Stock Backup] Restore Using TWRP

After following these you will have the phone back to factory.

Please....Read before you Do.

Let me know how it works out
Last edited by ARocker; September 2nd, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ARocker For This Useful Post:
exitprogram (April 15th, 2014), mike28 (September 2nd, 2013), nuttmeg (September 3rd, 2013)