View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
kbaes
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARocker View Post
lol, They're sort of the same thing actually, in that they are both operating systems that are compressed and packaged so that you can install it on your phone via recovery.

I just wanted to be clear that i was talking about a backup of a rom and not a rom like VirginRom because rather than using "install" in CWM to flash it (like virginrom and cyanogen), you have to use "restore" in CWM to restore it. Cause its a backup (that someone made by hitting "backup" in CWM) of the stock android os from that persons phone (without the data portion, cause thats private). This is called a Nandroid and is compressed and packaged by the recovery and then posted by a helpfull user. Have you ever used the backup part of CWM?

Now that your phone is running, you can boot into recovery and make a backup of what you have on your phone right now, including the data and apps, so that you can restore it back to that state whenever you need or want to.

Just about every thread recommends making a backup before you flash anything....no one listens lol

I glad my post was helpfull
Okay I understand now! So I guess the only way to restore that backup is by restoring from sd card (I tried restoring from internal storage but it doesnt recognize the backup file) and the problem with that is that the backup is 2.11 gb and my sd card is only 2gb, is there a way around this?