View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM   #314 (permalink)
Frisco
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): HTC One, Galaxy Tab 7" 2 Rooted
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,262 Times in 5,117 Posts
Default First Impressions

After using Samsung products for a couple of years, I've gone back to HTC, the Eris being my first Android phone.

This HTC One is a class puppy, looks and performance wise.

Gripes first; pretty minor as they are:

- My Note 2 never heated up with use, no matter how many programs were open or whether or not location boxes were checked (GPS, etc). This thing gets noticeably warm from back to front, annoying at first, but understandable knowing what's working under the hood. I to admit to worrying a bit about the life of the battery over time, though, as heat is one of the things that causes premature aging in batteries.

- Blinkfeed. I thought I'd like it, that it'd be useful. I finally decided against it and went ahead and disabled it and installed one of my favorite launchers so I don't have to have it on an adjacent screen from the home screen. I may root the device just to tear it and other bloatware out. Haven't decided yet, being lazy enough to wait for a "one click root" method to show up.

That's it. This thing is amazing.. just "instant" in its operation from one task to another, not to mention the build/beauty of it. My kid just got her iPhone 5 and it looks pretty good, too (smaller), but I'd say the HTC One is the first Android phone to rival the overall solid appeal of the iPhones.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frisco For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (September 3rd, 2013)