Thread: General Pointless?
View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
jdCaptivate

Device(s): Samsung Captivate, Samsung S II, Samsung S II Skyrocket, Samsung Tab 2 7.0, Samsung S4
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriousnumber1 View Post
Sorry about the title, I just wanted people to say something because all too often, I don't get much feedback.

I haven't, don't, and never will have any information or something scandalous on my phone, or anything that someone would look for or be jealous of, other than the normal stuff that's gonna help identity thieves and the unscrupulous types would use to their advantage.

A lady in a large electronics store told me they know how to bypass pattern locks on display phones that customers mess with, so I figure it's possible with any lock. Also people I know with fruit phones say it's easy to hack into them with a cable and computer. All of this promoted me to ask this.
You thought some lady in an electronic stores gave you a "smart answer", too much for us dummies?

Sorry, but your original post comes off, as condescending and ridiculous considering HOW/WHY pattern locks are so easy to break, had the phone expert in the store stopped to think (or been nice enough to tell you why).

Want to know why?

Rub your finger across your screen in a certain pattern, many times. Hell, once will probably work. Then hold your screen at an angle to the light (with the screen dark, makes it easier), until you can see the exact trace of your finger. Now pull up, the screen "pattern" lock (you think the smart lady at the electronics store, would notice "pattern", is a kind of theme here?)

You've just figured out, how to "hack", or break into, Android.

No offense meant to you... but I haven't any patience for stupidity... and the woman in the electronics store, gave you a really stupid answer, not providing you the WHY. If she even knows herself. She probably overheard someone say it. Go back and ask her, if she knows why a "pattern", or a repetitive act, might be easy to duplicate/mimic?