View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:45 AM   #96 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NJ1. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomot View Post
Finally got around to doing this. While your guide is fine Ironass for most people (the posts here are evidence of that) I share Rudedawg's confusion.

Eventually I bit the bullet. Did a dirty flash of MH1 over stock but rooted, odexed Vodafone ROM, with Odin, flashed Philz CWM with Odin. Then flashed the deodexed framework from the same post on XDA with CWM.
It sounds as though you may have flashed the stock, odexed, bloated, firmware version and then flashed the deodexed framework. Try my, "TIP:", in post #91 if you want the de-bloated and deodexed version that is suitable for the 3Minit framework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudedawg View Post
I only refer to apps like Samsung Link and You tube which to me are integral apps yet Djembey had them down as bloat.
One man's bloat is another man's, "must have".

Quote:
So he removed them yet if you use these apps or have downloaded them in the past from Google play , itll download them from there. Yes you should notice but seen as I have millions of apps synced I dont noticed which are which till ive finished.
Hence my instruction in #1.6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
#1.6. Below is just a brief sample of some of the app's removed in the Modified ROM's. These may vary from ROM to ROM. Currently, the MH1 Modified ROM has 61 app's, (416MB), removed. Please check the Removed apps packages for individual ROM's.
Is it better to download the Full, stock, odexed, ROM and freeze/remove all the apps that you don't need or is it better to install the Lite/Super Slim, deodexed, ROM that currently has 61 apps removed and then just add the one or two apps you need?

Quote:
Wiping data is a big hassle for me and only do it if absolutely necessary. For example this latest build is no mean important to me. My phone runs spot on so why update? there isnt anything particularly new about it. also I have no external memory card (damn expensive) So back ups are few.
Agreed! As per my post #83...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
DjeMBeY,s MH1 pre-rooted firmware is up!

Same changelog as MGA. Updated Modem and CSC to MH1. Based on France (Orange), release.
No real need to flash MH1 if you are already on MGA. The XXUBMH1 modem may prove to be better for some but this can be flashed via Odin separately from here.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
Rudedawg (September 3rd, 2013)