Thread: General Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Gear
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
twister6

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
I won't lie, for a first generation product i am impressed and actually would buy one.

TS
Even if it cost north of $300? Someone posted a pricing listed in South Korea which translated to $450. IMHO, they need to price it around $200 to get people on board. Otherwise it will be a novelty item, like that "fancy" looking I'm Watch.

IMHO, to get people on board with this smart watch you need to make it affordable. This way you are going to attract developers with custom ROMs Just for notification purposes you can get a lot of other universal smartwatchs. I use my MetaWatch everyday, STRATA is $129, while current gen Sony is $99. The next breed of smartwatches - Omate really stands out (once you disable 3G radio and don't abuse wifi to get max battery and pure android experience with camera, waterproof, etc.). For $200 Gear would be awesome! Also, as much as I can't stand Apple, all the rumors about 2014 iWatch with some kinetic self-winding battery charging really peeks my interest. If they smart enough, they will make it universal for iOS and Android.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~