Thread: General Cracked glass
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
itsallgood

Device(s): Samsung GS 4, Motorola Backflip; Motorola Atrix 4G and Lapdock
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49;[URL="tel:6114721"
6114721[/URL]]While I don't doubt the efficacy of Otterboxes, they do have the substantial drawback of turning a slim and light phone into some sort of 90's style Fonezilla that needs extra large pockets or one of those funny holster things.

I have to say, I'm not a fan.
My S4 is slippery and to thin to hold comfortably in my hand naked. With my Outterbox Case on, it feels much better in hand and I can grip it better.

Seeing that the S4 screen seems to crack easily, a really good case is a must. (If you don't want a cracked screen/damaged phone.) I have a white/gray Outterbox Commuter case and a belt holster to carry it in. (I've used a case and holster with all my phones for 4 yrs.) Never had any damage from drops and I have less of a chance of dropping my phone when either taking out/putting it back in the holster. I like the fact that I can just whip my S4 in/out at anytime and not having to place it down on a table, when I sit down. I never have to worry about leaving my phone behind or it dropping out of my pocket.

A good case will add some bulk to the phone, since it has to have a nice raised lip around the screen edge and some sort of shock protection padding to distribute the shock energy.

I'm not saying this combo is for everybody, but it just funny how some would rather take the chance of getting a cracked screen, without some sort of protective case on their phone. Then when the screen gets cracked, pay almost as much as the phone to fix it, when a good case is around $30 to $50 dollars w/o the inconvenience of not having your phone while its being repaired.

I'm just saying.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsallgood For This Useful Post:
S Chonson (September 6th, 2013), shedevil7953 (September 5th, 2013)