rebootRUU black screen
I am currently trying to get my HTC One m7 (tmobile) back to stock after doing a full conversion to the Google Play Edition.
- I changed my modelid back to original [HIGH]PN0713000[/HIGH].
- I changed the cid back to what I thought was the original [HIGH]TMO_001[/HIGH].
- When I then attempted to then run the command [HIGH]fastboot oem rebootRUU[/HIGH] so that I could flash the zip file I received from this thread, my pc made the sound it does when my usb is connected/disconnected, but it was half of the noise (like it was cut off) rapid fire (as if something was wrong. At the very same time, my phone screen went completely black.
- Clearly, I wasn't expecting this, but tried running the next command I had planned to [HIGH]fastboot flash zip filename.zip[/HIGH].
- My command window said that it was 'waiting for device', but nothing ever happened.
- Next, I tried to hard reset the phone by holding down the power button for a few seconds. When I did so, I got the silver HTC logo, but still no change from my command window and no progress from my phone other than the logo).
- Again I tried a hard reset. This time it booted to the 'FASTBOOT USB' screen, but still no change from my command window. It continued to read 'waiting for device'.
- Naturally, I thought maybe the CID had been wrong, so I looked further and found a different source saying that the correct one was [HIGH]T-MOB010[/HIGH] , so I closed/reopened my command window and changed the CID accordingly.
- After running the rebootRUU command again, I got the same series of events, with the double "bing" sound and the black screen.
What the heck could be going on? Any ideas?