View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hawker
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): GT-I9505 Firmware: Danvdh GE 4.4.2 Kernel: KT BL: MGA GSM: XXUFNBH LTE: XXUBMH1
Carrier: EE UK (4G)

Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
Dunno why the dev can't put all the latest versions in one, giant, economy. downloadable .zip file as they are all usually updated at the same time and saves 7 different d/l's... moan, grumble, whinge, whine.
You would be surprised by the variation of download counts between the scripts butty. For example, kernel wipe and rom nuke are streets ahead of all the others (even though at the moment on the S4, a kernel wipe hardly does anything at all)

If I did bundle all zips into a single zip this would mean:

1. I would have to explain to everyone to download and install 7zip and how to unbundle it to get the separate scripts, and then put onto their devices.
2. I would repeatedly get pms complaining that the bundled zip was attempted to be flashed on the device, and it didnt work (oddly enough)

Even if I make all this clear in the OP I would still no doubt have to tolerate point (2.) considering the near 40,000 downloads up to now (S2+S4)

As these are still betas, I decided after updating the central shell script that all the zips use, to put this in all the zips regardless, even though this particular change only affected rom nuke and rom reset. Given time, after letting the scripts bed in and I am satisfied with them, I will take them off beta and just update the individual zips that are affected with a change (as I used to on the S2). This would make 90% of a bundled download redundant.

I shall however consider a bundle package via pm to a select few in the future however.

My Scripts
My Web Site
Last edited by Hawker; September 6th, 2013 at 02:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawker For This Useful Post:
sntaylor (September 6th, 2013), volimte21 (January 28th, 2014)