Thread: General Verizon pre-order questions
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #68 (permalink)
iwoloschin

Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: Ting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
This morning I tried to do my preorder online to buy it out right and it kept continuing me to the 2 year contract charging me the $299.00 price instead of the $699.00 full price that I selected. So I went to a Verizon store and talking about being harassed about giving up my unlimited plan. The guy acted like he did not want my money for the buying it out right. telling me I do not need a unlimited plan. He became argumentative to the point that I left that Verizon store. There was another salesmen doing the same with another customer wanting to keep there unlimited plan. I left so upset that I gave up for today. I will try at my friends store Monday when he is back from vacation. Has any of you had any problems with pushy sales men or problems online?
*** DO NOT GO TO A STORE ***

While some VZW stores are great, most are terrible, and will waste your time, turn your hair grey, and make you want to punch someone in the face. Pick up your phone and call VZW, their phone support is way better. Plus, if you just call them you don't even need to be wearing pants!

In all seriousness though, I had issues with two or three separate VZW stores in the Boston, MA area when the GNex came out. Terrible service, inaccurate information, and one store actually just wound up sitting me down behind the desk on the phone with the VZW phone based customer support because the idiots at the store couldn't actually do anything.

</rant>

Regarding the Note 3, I've currently got a GNex, and I'm eyeing the Note 3. Concerned about the comparatively massive size, and was thinking of waiting for a physical release to get some hands on time (...yeah...going to a store...). Does anyone have comments on how well the Note 3 (or Note 2) will fit into a "standard" guys pants pocket?