View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Default Review of RAVPower wall charger for Note 2 batteries (incl ZeroLemon) w/pics!!!

This is a review of RAVPower wall charger for Note 2 batteries. Amazon.com: RAVPowerŽ RP-UC03 Wall Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II GT-N7100 N7100: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm pretty sure by now we all got a number of OEM size, double extended size, and triple ZeroLemon size batteries for our Note 2. Most of us using our phone to charge these up, but it's probably the most inefficient way, and you need an external charger. For a slim OEM size battery its not a problem, those are available everywhere. Some will fit double extended batteries as long as charger doesn't have a cover, but how many times a question been raised in our forum about charging zerolemon battery which has triple size and capacity? I personally lost a count of it.

So what is the choice? Sure, you can look up Note 2 battery wall charger on ebay and will get a bunch of hits. The problem, there are two types of charges with a different battery layout. For a slim OEM battery it doesn't matter since you can flip it on either side. But with double or triple capacity - you can't. So first you have to be sure battery fits across the charger instead of sticking out half way. The next problem, and that is a big one - they confuse a hell out of you by writing a spec of 5V 1A charge. These wall chargers have usb output which can provide 1A of current, but the actual DC battery charger is only 350 mA which I tested in reality to be even less than 300 mA.

The solution? You need to get a specific wall charger that fits battery across and has a spec of 600 mA for DC port. That is the fastest available wall charger I have found so far. I have seen a number of vendors offering them bundled with their batteries, but nobody sells them by itself. If you already got batteries or your main concern is how to charge up externally your enormous ZeroLemon slab, RAVPower sells this charger by itself for $9.99 and it WORKS perfectly with either slim or Zerolemon battery. True, 600 mA of charging current will take you 3 times longer in comparison to your 2A charging from within a phone. BUT, it also twice as fast as buying any other cheap ebay 300 mA wall charger. Plus, convenience of charging it externally why you are using a phone with another battery has a big advantage. So until someone else release a wall charger with a higher charging current and capability to accommodate larger Note 2 battery sizes - this RAVPower wall charger is the way to go!

Here are the pictures.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~