View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #479 (permalink)
Tlicious1020
On Probation

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

First, I want to say itskins makes the best and lightest case for the HTC One. When I'm dressed nice or going out I usually throw my itskins case onto my One. Otherwise, I'm sporting a clear case from Radio Shack. I was sitting in a chair and enjoying the company of friends in a pizza joint around 3 AM and I was partially inebriated. I felt around in my holster for my One and I couldn't find it. So I looked underneath my seat and I located my phone. I performed a pretty thorough inspection of the phone. My One had zero scratches on the front, backside, and the screen did not crack. The One had to have experienced at least a 2.5 foot fall from my holster onto the tile floor. The itskins case stood up to the fall test. I think I'm going to order another itskins case because I get more compliments using that case rather than my clear, plastic case. The case made by itskins is beautifully crafted for the One. I would suggest HTC start selling those types of cases for their phone because they weigh nothing and look great. If you don't have an itskins case, waiting 20 days for them to ship you one is worth the wait!

I did some traveling this past week and I did not want to have to seek out power stations or outlets for my One or 3D. And when you travel and plan to stay with friends you don't know if the outlets in the guest bedroom will be close or far from your bed or the night stand. So I went to Amazon.com and purchased the Anker Astro E5 15000 mAh Portable battery pack. The battery pack can deliver a charge of 1A and 2A simultaneously. It worked flawlessly to power my One and 3D at the same time. I was watching Superman with the HBO GO app using Sprint's 4G network while in the airport and powering my One at the same time. The battery pack seems to actually charge the phone faster than using a power outlet in my "opinion." I haven't checked the battery monitor app to see if my assertion is correct. Or if you need to charge your phone(s) on a flight you can pull out the Anker battery pack and have your phone(s) pretty well charged before landing. I endorse this product for the One and traveling: Amazon.com: AnkerŪ Astro E5 15000mAh Portable Ultra-High Density High Capacity External Battery Backup Charger for iPhone 5 (Apple adapter not included), 4S, 4, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini, iPods, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2, Note 8, Tab 3; HTC One, EVO

Last, but not least I want to talk about ear buds. If you want a pair that's comparable to the set made by Beats Audio and came with the One out of the box I suggest purchasing a set made by SOL Republic. I purchased these ear buds that came with a microphone attached and volume controls. FYI: Since the ear buds were made for iphones the volume controls will not work. (I knew this before making my purchase at Radio Shack.) However, they are on par with the ear buds that come with the One, if not better. I know $30 seems like a lot for ear buds but they were worth every penny! Sound quality was amazing, superb, and something to always brag about. Talking to my lady in the super busy Atlanta airport was no problem at all. She heard every word I spoke as I maneuvered through crowds of people talking and loud noises all around. The microphone is beyond great in my opinion...remarkable would better describe it. You can purchase a set from Radio Shack for the price at Amazon.com. Amazon.com : SOL REPUBLIC 1111-31 Jax In-Ear Headphones with Three-Button Remote and Microphone, White/Black : Electronics

My apologies for the long post ladies and gents.
Last edited by Tlicious1020; September 10th, 2013 at 04:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tlicious1020 For This Useful Post:
MoshuXXL (September 10th, 2013)