View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
jhawkkw

Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook w/ HSPA+, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanked 7,003 Times in 3,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomot View Post
So long as the workaround, well, works, on this new MH8 version of DjeMBeY's ROM and newer future releases, and we can extract our PAID FOR (are you listening Google/Samsung?) apps apks we should have no fear.

Let us hack/flash and modify our (yes Google, ours not yours) phones to our hearts content. Now where is Syd, our resident test piolet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
It's all linked to Google buttoning down on Android security, and not Samsung in particular.
Personally I fear for where all this may be leading to.
I wouldn't be surprised if soon we see the elimination of all apps that require root access from the Play Store.
Google might be trying to remove root obtained through exploits because they are a greater security risk than just obtaining root itself, but they're not the ones locking up your devices. Last time I checked, every Nexus device's bootloader can be unlocked with a simple "fastboot oem unlock" command, and the Google Play Edition of this S4 has an unlocked bootloader out of the box. On those devices, you can still unlock, root, flash recovery, roms, and kernels without the need for exploits. In other words, Samsung did this to you, not Google.

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4, Logitech Revue
The Following User Says Thank You to jhawkkw For This Useful Post:
Raptor_Jesus (October 3rd, 2013)