View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanicbobby View Post
This looks a lot like a stand I saw a few years ago that you could wrap around a fence or a pole to place your device in some pretty funky positions. Like AshtonDurkhun I'd like to know; are the legs are flexible enough to wrap around something?
Yep, you are referring to the original Gorillapod stand with a longer legs (more joint pieces). Those will be easy to wrap around most of the things. This little guy has only 4 joints per leg so it will not be long enough to give you flexibility to wrap around pole, etc. I'm putting together review for another Joby stand called GripTight GorillaPod stand. That one has legs with twice as many joints, thus enabling all kinds of funky wrapping around. It has a standard camera mounting screw as well which attaches to GripTight holder. Unfortunately, it's their original holder which only supports phones with approximately up to 5" screen. Note 2 will not fit in there, and I'm writing that review using S4.

Since MPod jaw-grip is not detachable, you can't remove it and attach to a regular Gorillapod or another tripod with a standard camera mounting screw. But I guess the intention of MPod was to make a cool little super portable stand which works perfectly with N2. As I said, the quality of material is outstanding, and for $14 plus change its a great value. I will ask Joby if they have plans to expand their GripTight to accommodate bigger phone. FYI, here is a picture from my upcoming GripTight review (for S4), where you can see from the picture on the package how it looks:

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~