View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanked 2,862 Times in 2,068 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefboyardee View Post
Apple’s strongest horse in this race is the puny letter ‘i.’ They have an iphone, we just have a this phone or a that phone. They have an ipad, we just have a this or a that pad. So the hypnotized believe that nothing has any value if it doesn’t start with a lowercase letter.
We have the cute green robot logo as well as the word "Android". And they're heavily used in advertising and promotion materials for Android phones and tablets. Don't know about elsewhere but that's certainly what happens here.

Where I am, the "i" in iPhone doesn't mean anything. it's the Apple logo that's important. And they also know "píngguǒ shǒujī" 苹果手机, which literally means "apple cellphone".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefboyardee View Post
If Google wanted to get their marketing in gear, they could exploit their own letter: gpad, gphone, gmail, gdrive, gmaps, gtower, and so on.
Google doesn't really market Android to the general public, apart from probably their Nexus devices, device manufacturers do.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; September 11th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikedt For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (September 12th, 2013)