View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nick33

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanDroyd View Post
have you installed the Verizon Samsung upgrade assistant on your pc? you can use that to "repair" your S4. it will revert it totally back to stock, like it just came out of the box. I have already done this when I mucked up my phone getting a bit cocky while de-bloating. it will remove root, but be advised it will install the latest software version for your phone, then, as of right now, you will have a locked boot-loader. you do not have an option to pick what software you install, so be carefull
Hi Shandroyd. Great info as i need to unroot due to device issues so obviously need it back to stock.
I have no custom recovery or rom (obviously, im on Verizon, blah). So im just plain rooted.
Question - this def works? I think i know what verizon program ur speaking of but just in case could u provide a link? Is it just one click trick? Also, will this wipe out any traces, files, etc. of things like superuser and restore that "samsung custom" boot screen to stock?
Im soo sorry for the 3rd degree haha. Im just paranoid.

Thanks man.

@anyone else, have u had success with this method? Anything i should be careful of?